Saturday, July 18, 2009
After several months in Europe I returned to the American continent and spoke at a conference in Saskatoon, Canada. This was a Roman Catholic and Ukranian Catholic conference which is held annually. It was full of great people, providential encounters and memories with new friends. SEE the PHOTOS on FACEBOOK I thank everyone who hosted me and made this a memorable trip. Thank you all... 'eh!
Friday, July 17, 2009
This May, I was in Rome for the "Damascus Premiere". I was there as the International Press as well as on stage assisting in the evenings presentation alongside friend and collegue Henry Capello and (President of Youth Arise International) as he MC'd the night as well as made introductions of some special guests and VIP's.
Among them were:
- Cardinal Andrea Cordero Lanza di Montezemolo - Archpriest of the Basilica of St. Paul and President of the 200th Anniversary of St. Paul festivities
- Cardinal Paul Josef Cordes - President of the Pontifical Council Cor Unum
- Patriarch of the Church of Antioch Gregory III Laham
- Patriarch of Jerusalem in Exile Hilarion Capucci and
- Chargé d'affaires of the Syrian Embassy in Rome Suha al-Jamali.
Afterwards colleagues and I rented mopeds and toured the Eternal City and many beautifulsites of rich history and tradition of Christendom. We saw Relics, Tombs, Basilicas, Chapels, Sanctuaries, and yes, we even ate GELATO!... lots of Gelato!This trip coincided with my brother in Christ, Eduardo Verastegui's, screening of his movie "Bella" in Rome. We pilgrimaged and missioned together in different scenarios such as executive encounters -to- street evangelization of some American tourists.
See the video footage of the "Damascus" premiere on YOUTUBE by CLICKING HERE
See my photos from this trip on FACEBOOK by CLICKING HERE