Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Send me anywhere you like - even to India!

Many, many people hereabouts are not becoming Christians for one reason only: there is nobody to make them Christians.
I wish the university students would work as hard at converting these people as they do at their books, and so settle their account with God for their learning and the talents entrusted to them.
This thought would certainly stir most of them to meditate on spiritual realities, to listen actively to what God is saying to them. They would forget their own desires, their human affairs, and give themselves over entirely to God's will and his choice.
They would cry out with all their heart: "Lord, I am here! What do you want me to do?" Send me anywhere you like - even to India!

--from letters to Saint Ignatius Loyola from Saint Francis Xavier

Our Talents are God's gifts to us...what we do with them are our gifts back to God.